NetGuard PRO provides simple and advanced solutions to block the internet connection of specific apps on your Android device. Download the latest mod of the app at our blog to use the PRO features for free.
Internet is an important part of life. Today, you only need an Android smartphone with the right telecommunications service to be able to connect and access every corner of the Internet world. With the internet, you can surf the web, stream videos and music online, use social networks, and much more.
In some countries, the cost of LTE packages is not cheap. Even if you can use free Wifi connections in public places, you will always need LTE for emergencies. Many people are looking for ways to save on LTE data when connecting to the network. However, we do not know that there are many applications on the device that are consuming a lot of LTE data even when we have not used them for a long time.
Most games and applications are always connected to the network in the background to send push notifications or promotional messages. If you don’t know how to manage and block these connections, you are definitely wasting a lot of 3G/LTE data. Since the Android 6.0 version, the Android operating system has allowed you to block the network connection of a specific application. However, you need many steps to do that. We need an application that can manage all network connections from applications and fortunately, NetGuard was born to fulfill this mission.
Introducing NetGuard – no-root firewall
Basically NetGuard – no-root firewall acts as a local VPN in your Android device. It can manage all internet connections of each app on the device, including system apps. This application provides a simple and secure solution to manage all network connections of applications on your device.
NetGuard was developed by Marcel Bokhorst, an independent programmer from Europe. It is currently only available for the Android platform. On the Play Store, this application has reached more than 10 million downloads and received a lot of positive reviews from users. This article will show you the powerful features that Netguard has to offer. Besides, we bring you the latest mod of this amazing app.
Key features of NetGuard PRO
NetGuard makes it easy to block Internet connections per application. Besides, there are many other features to manage the connections on your device. Let’s explore its outstanding features right below.
Block internet connection per app
NetGuard allows you to block the Internet connection of a specific application on your Android device. Most applications or games usually require a network connection for various purposes such as sending push notifications, downloading additional resources, etc. It wastes network data if you are using an LTE connection. With NetGuard, you can authorize or block the Internet connection for any application you want.
To activate Netguard, simply flip the switch in the upper left corner of the home screen. When the key icon appears in the status bar, the application is running. Now you need to set up Internet access permissions for each application. NetGuard automatically scans and displays all installed applications on your device. Next to the icon of each application, there are 2 icons representing the connections: WIFI and LTE connection. You just need to touch them to block the connection. Tap again to allow connection again. Besides, there are some options that you can check:
- Allow Wi-fi when screen is on
- Allow mobile when screen is on
- Block when Roaming
- Allow in lockdown mode
NetGuard also allows making changes to system services and applications. However, this option is disabled by default. There have been cases where many users accidentally turned off the network connection of system services, causing their devices to fail. Therefore, the developer recommends that you only turn off the network connection of system apps and services only if you really know how they work. You can access Settings to allow system Apps to be displayed in the list on the main page.
NetGuard will set up a local VPN on your device to control traffic from apps and services. All IP traffics of applications are recorded and displayed in the Log section of the application. By checking these accesses, you can see where applications are sending connections and if they are affecting your device or not. For malicious connections, you can use an ad blocker to deal with them. We currently recommend Adguard.
NetGuard has a simple interface and is very easy to use. There is only one main page where you will manage the connections of all the applications in the device. You just need to flip the switch to enable or disable NetGuard. If the application list is too long, you can type the specific app name in the search bar to find and work with it.
To some people, the icons on NetGuard may seem confusing. But don’t worry, the developer has a detailed guide on what the icons in the app mean. Go to Settings-> Legend to see them.
No root required
NetGuard does not require root to use. Therefore there are no restrictions on the application. You can access and use all features.
MOD APK of NetGuard PRO
What’s in NetGuard PRO?
There are some features that are limited in the standard version of NetGuard. You need to upgrade to a PRO account to use them. Here are the advanced features in the PRO package:
- View traffic log – allows displaying and exporting1 a detailed outgoing IP traffic log for all applications, so you can exactly see what your device is doing at any moment
- Filter network traffic – allows selective blocking of network traffic per address per application, so you can block applications from calling home, etc while retaining internet access; enable/disable filtering mode using a settings tile (settings tiles are available from Android 7 Nougat)
- New application notifications – enables new application notifications from which you can directly block or allow an application
- Network speed graph notification – allows displaying the current network speed as a graph in a status bar notification (the top three apps are shown on Android 5 Lollipop or earlier)
- Appearance (theme, colors) – allows selecting from five additional application themes, all available in a light and dark variant
- Support development – support ongoing development, like adding new features, improving existing features, fixing bugs, and adapting NetGuard to new Android versions
- Pro / Paid features unlocked;
- Disabled / Removed unwanted Permissions + Receivers + Providers + Services;
- Optimized and zipaligned graphics and cleaned resources for fast load;
- Debug code removed;
- AOSP compatible mode;
- Languages: Full Multi Languages;
- CPUs: armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86, x86_64;
- Screen DPIs: 160dpi, 240dpi, 320dpi, 480dpi, 640dpi;
- Original package signature changed;
After all, NetGuard offers a simple solution to optimize all network connections on your Android device. Mastering network connections on your device helps you reduce your data usage, save your battery, increase your privacy, and more. You can download the latest mod of this application via the link below.
Download NetGuard 2.298 (MOD PRO Unlocked)
- Tap the app name to show the download link.
- Read our Installation Guide if you haven’t done this before.
- NetGuard - no-root firewall requires Android 5.1 and up, 2.6M of free memory.
- We will not be held liable for any damages as a result of the download.