Enjoy legendary PS2 games right on your Android smartphone with AetherSX2. Are you ready to go back to your childhood?
Play Station 2 was first released in Japan in early 2000. To this day, it remains the best-selling console of all time. According to statistics from Wikipedia, more than 155 million units of PS2 have been sold globally. In addition to the hardware considered the best at the time, the PS2 scored with a huge game library with series that became legendary such as Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Uncharted. In 2012, Sony announced it was ending support for the PS2 to dedicate resources to the next generation of consoles.
Nowadays, it’s hard to find a PS2 in the market. They are mostly in the archives of game collectors. In case you want to enjoy the old games on PS2, look for the right emulators. Thanks to the development of technology, current emulators have allowed you to stably run PS2 games in high resolution.
AetherSX2 is a good PS2 emulator for mobile. It was developed by Tahlreth, a Turkish independent programmer. Although newly developed not long ago, it has received a lot of positive reviews from users. AetherSX2 is considered a perfect replacement for outdated PS2 emulators like DamonPs2 PRO, PPSS22. It allows you to stably play most PS2 games in high graphic quality. The application is currently in beta so you may encounter errors when launching from time to time. Don’t worry because developers are still patching bugs and improving the performance of their apps on Android devices.
Play Station was born 2 decades ago, which means its hardware configuration is not a problem at the moment. The power of Android smartphones today has surpassed that of old console devices (like PSP, PS1, PS2) many years ago. However, compatibility is key. Each PS2 device consists of extremely complex hardware and an independent operating system. It means that even if you bring them to high-end devices via emulators like AetherSX2, there is still the risk of incompatibility. Therefore, to ensure the best performance when running the emulator, choose devices with suitable and powerful enough hardware.
Developer AetherSX2 recommends that you use an Android smartphone with a large quad-core chip such as Snapdragon 845, Adreno GPU, and at least 3GB of Ram. Some of the options in the settings need to be enabled or disabled based on the device configuration. You can still run this emulator on devices with lower configurations than recommended, but the game may experience loss of quality and lag.
The developer says that AetherSX2 is still in the development stage so it still lacks some useful features. But we found that it already has most of the features needed for a perfect PS2 emulator on Android. Join us to explore the outstanding features of this application right now.
- System emulation: AetherSX2 emulates the system of a PS2 device including hardware and software. From there, you can run the original games on the emulator in the most smooth way.
- OpenGL, Vulkan support: These standards enhance the graphics quality of the game.
- Full HD resolution: You may not know, the native resolution for PS2 games is 480p. It’s far below the standards of current games. This is understandable because at that time, the device configuration was not strong enough and the screens did not support high resolutions. It will be quite annoying if you have to play games at 480p on high resolution screens on Android devices now. Don’t worry because AetherSX2 can enhance the visual quality of the game. On the emulator you can run games at a maximum resolution of up to 1080p. The gaming experience will definitely be a lot better!
- Widescreen patch for games with no native support
- Save Game Progress: Easily save game progress at any time.
- Two control modes: AetherSX2 allows you to set up virtual control on the touch screen or play with the controller via bluetooth connection. You can easily adjust the buttons on the screen for the best gaming experience. The developer also recommends that you use a gamepad for a more pleasant gaming experience. Smartphone screens are not large enough like TVs or PC Monitors, so the arrangement of too many buttons reduces the area for game display.
- Support for multiple game formats: AetherSX2 allows you to run games in PS 2 game native formats, including iso/chd and cso. There are many websites that share these files that you can easily find on the internet.
- Individual game settings: Default settings are optimized to run most of the original PS2 games smoothly. But there are exceptions. Some games have problems running at default settings. That’s why you need to make your own tweaks. AetherSX2 allows you to save these individual settings then you can apply it to each game.
AetherSX2 is currently one of the best PS 2 emulators for Android. It can play most of the original games in high resolution and smoothly. Besides, there are many options available that allow you to easily optimize your gaming experience. Please download the app via the link below.
Download AetherSX2 valpha-656 (Original)
- Tap the app name to show the download link.
- Read our Installation Guide if you haven’t done this before.
- AetherSX2 requires Android 6.0 and up , 14M of free memory.
- We will not be held liable for any damages as a result of the download.